The London Hire Group* is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out how we will use any personal data that we hold about you including any emails we may send to you.
The data controller is The London Hire Group, 185 Manor Rd, Erith, Kent DA8 2AD
Should you have any queries or concerns about the use of your personal data, please contact our communications team by writing to the address above, calling 020 8320 4200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
1 'London Hire’, 'we' or 'us' means the London Hire Group made up of the following organisations; London Hire Ltd, London Hire Community Services Ltd, Blue Anchor Vehicle Logistics Ltd, R J Motors Ltd, Heart Community Services CIC. Where applicable each organisation will be made clear.
THE INFORMATION WE MIGHT HOLD ABOUT YOU
Information you give us
2. Depending on the reason that you have contacted us or we have contacted you we will hold the following information about you:
- Information you give to us – This is information about you that you give us when you wish to make use of our services by filling in forms on our websites, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- It includes information you provide when you register to use our site; subscribe to receive information from us; and when you report a problem with our site. It also includes information you provide when you register a complaint about London Hire.
- In addition, if you are acting in a business capacity, it may include additional information you provide if you are looking to acquire our services.
Information we collect about you
3. When you visit London Hire websites, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the website, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the London Hire website, and information about how you interact with the website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
4. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our web sites. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information;
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Use of IP Addresses
Registration on the website
6. Registration on the website and subscriptions is available to all. If you have registered on our website we will collect personal data including: email address, name, telephone number and company name to complete the registration process. As part of the registration process we will add you to the London Hire customer database. The data is stored within the EU and encrypted.
7. You have a right to ask for a copy of your information and to correct any inaccuracies. Please email email@example.com if you would like to know what if any personal information we hold about you.
8. This information is processed on the basis that it is in your legitimate interest as you have requested registration on the website.
9. We will retain your personal data until we are advised that you no longer wish to be registered on our website.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION
10. Depending on the reason for holding your data we will use the information we hold for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- where relevant, to provide customer support and assistance services;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
11. We will send organisations and their employee’s industry news, information on training and events by email. These emails can be unsubscribed from at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on the email or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
12. The data is processed on the basis that the processing is necessary due to the legitimate interests and its employees for us to provide industry information, advice, events and training.
13. The data will be stored until we are advised that the employee has left the organisation or the employee advises us that they no long wish to receive information from us. Complaint data will be stored for a maximum of one year from the date of complaint.
14. The data is stored within the EU and encrypted.
WHO WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
15. Where necessary or where we have the right to do so, we will share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you for the provision of services that we agree to provide to you;
- If we exchange email with you our email system is provided by Microsoft Corporation on behalf of London Hire.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 user have clicked on their advertisement on any given day);
16. London Hire may disclose your Personal Data if it believes such action is necessary: to conform with a legal requirement or comply with the legal process including civil and criminal proceedings, protect and defend the rights or property of London Hire, enforce this Online Agreement, or to protect the interests of its users.
17. Unfortunately the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, and transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
18. You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE
20. The ICO is the government body responsible for enforcing Applicable Data Protection legislation in the UK. Their website is located at www.ico.gov.uk. All organisations within The London Hire Group are registered with the ICO and references can be supplied.
21. For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact by mail using the address: 185 Manor Rd, Erith, Kent DA8 2AD or by email at email@example.com
*The London Hire Group consists of the following organisations: London Hire Ltd, London Hire Community Services Ltd, Blue Anchor Vehicle Logistics Ltd, R J Motors Ltd, Heart Community Services CIC. All are registered in England and Wales where applicable and with the ICO. Additional company information can supplied on request.