Minibus Lite (School Bus)
The minibus you can drive on an ordinary licence*
Minibus Lite is a unique lightweight minibus available in three specifications all of which can be driven on an ordinary car licence, subject to conditions. The advantage of this to organisations is it allows more staff to drive the minibus without incurring the cost of training for a D1 licence. Thousands of hours of research have gone into making the Minibus Lite a truly lightweight minibus. Extensive use of advanced composites has resulted in all three specifications weighing in at below the 4250kg* threshold, the point at which a D1 licence is required.
Choice of 3 specifications
1) Base vehicle: Boxer L3, Seats: 16, DI licence required: No, Wheelchair accessible: No. Dimensions: length 5.99m - height 2.52m - width 2.5m, Weight 3500kgs.
2) Base vehicle: Boxer L4, Seats: 17, DI licence required: No, Wheelchair accessible: Yes. Dimensions: length 6.36m - height 2.52m - width 2.5m Weight 4005kgs.
3) Base vehicle: Boxer L4. Seats: 17, DI licence required: No, Wheelchair accessible: Yes. Dimensions: length 6.36m - height 2.52m - width 2.5m, Weight 4250kgs.
What are the benefits?
- Save a minimum £900 per person for D1 training which only has a 60% pass rate
- FIXED monthly rental rate
- FLEXIBLE contract (This is a 5 year fully flexible contract that will be reviewed on an annual basis, whereupon you the client after the first 12 months may continue for a further year or return the vehicle with just a 2 month notice period)
- FREE replacement vehicle
- FREE collection & delivery
- NO mileage restriction
- NO hidden costs
- 24 hour breakdown
- TAX & MOT (Inc. a Free Valet)
- Fully inspected every 12 weeks (one being the MOT)
- Maintained to the highest standard
- Tyres (fair wear and tear)
- Easily removable seats for up to 4 wheelchair Passengers or luggage storage
- Built with the highest quality material to ensure longevity and durability
- Less fuel consumption lowering your carbon footprint
*Drivers will need to have held there licence for a minimum of 2 years and be over 21 years old. Click here for more information
Minibus Lite can save you £1000 per person in training for a D1 licence. The majority minibuses exceed the weight threshold meaning a D1 licence is required. All three Minibus Lite specifications fall within the weight threshold for being eligible to drive a minibus without a D1 licence (assuming you are driving under a Section 19 permit). Because of the fewer licence restrictions organisations can give more members of staff access to the vehicle. Ultimately this will save the organisation money in costly D1 licence training. For example, training for a D1 licence costs approximately £1000* per person and the national pass rate is just 60%. Over 5 years the additional cost for training four staff per year would be £20,000 - nearly the cost of a new minibus.
*the figure of £1000 is an estimate based on the DSA test fees, the typical cost of a 2 day training course to prepare individuals for the test, and the cost to replace a member of teaching staff over the period.
- 2.2 HDi
- 130bhp engine
- 6 speed gearbox
- Single side door
- Remote central locking
- Electronic immobiliser
- Height adjustable drivers seat
- Electric heated dual-glass door mirrors
- DAB Radio/CD player
- Electric front windows
- Safety auto-reverse on driver’s electric window
- Drivers airbag
- ABS EBA (Emergency Braking Assistance)
- EBFD (Electronic Brake Force Distribution)
Exterior views and floor plans
Get in touch today
Remember – there is no need to feel constrained by the range of vehicles shown here as we can normally source any vehicle required on request. We can also arrange vehicle demonstrations for customers to check that everything is to their satisfaction before they hire.
London Hire has the vehicles, expertise and infrastructure to provide transport solutions for every situation. To find out how we can work for you, call us on 0208 320 4200.